Saturday, September 6, 2008

Week 1

My early experience in classroom technology was premilenniel. In elementary school, teachers used mimiographs and spirit masters to create thier own lessons and evaluations. (We loved sniffing the ink.) On rainy days we went to the auditorium to watch movies (film projector) instead of going outside for recess. In my undergraduate experience, We looked at slides in art appreciation and listened to records (yes "records") in music appreciation. Classical music is my passion and I was introduced to Tchiakowsky through records. In every era, teachers have sought out ways to make lessons interesting and relevant for their students. New technology was always welcome.

In my current situation, I facilitate learning for adults. I do not call my self a teacher. My work takes me around the country working with clients, usually in groups of ten to a hundred, to help them make their nonprofit programs sustainable. I conduct workshops and lead seminars for AmeriCorps, VISTA and Senior Corps around such areas of concern as fundraising, board development, marketing and communications, and more.

My company is trying to find ways to bring training and technical assistance to more people, especially those who lack funding or resorces to pay for travel and it's attendant expenses. Often these clients lack technological resources, or they live in isolated parts of the country that make travel even more expensive.

To reach clients at a distance I present via webinars: I publish an online newsletter; and I consult with clients using email or the telephone. Our company has developed a set of online learning tools that distance learners can access. You can see them at www.CampaignConsultation.com/gizmos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home